Many of us visual storytellers choose this line because it affords us the ability to hold up in a studio, away from the public. But more and more it seems that being a professional artist means getting one's self "out there." Does this mean we should take diction classes, attend networking seminars, or sign up for coaching from social media gurus? What if we already have the skills necessary to engage with the public?
This week we borrow from Rob's Storytelling to Make Your Comic's UI Awesome workshop playbook and examine how we visual storytellers have all the tools at our disposal to engage with others; whether it's to lead a presentation, get involved in your local scene, or just engaging with others online.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- The Lean Into Art Season of Creative Challenges! Many of our workshops are only $10 for a limited time.
- Sarah Silverman on Twitter
- Chris Rock on Twitter
- Ryan Estrada on Twitter
- Kasey Van Hise on Twitter
- Krishna Sadasivam on Twitter
- Tony Cliff on Twitter
- Jake Parker on Pinterest
- A Google+ Circle of artists put together by Jerzy
- WTF Podcast
- The Lean Into Art Thinking About Design Series Pt 1 | Pt 2 | Pt 3
- LIA Cast 43 - Roadblocks to Sharing
- Comics Are Great! 17 - Marketing is Just Talking to Dudes
- The 30 Characters Challenge
Connect with Jerzy and Rob