Navigating the topic minefield of goal setting on the LIA Cast!
We find lots of advice and articles on setting and meeting goals this time of year. Everyone has a different take on the topic, which suggests just how dicey and complex a subject it is. How do you define your goals, and what's the best way to commit to them? Is it simply a willpower thing? Do you employ a "carrot and stick" approach? Is there a smartphone app that can nag you into making small steps toward your goals?
Rob and Jerzy dig at this topic in traditional Lean Into Art fashion. How does our thinking change when we back up and examine what the motivations are behind the goals we choose? Is there any benefit to looking at goals less as a desired plateau and more of a system or practice?
- Table Topics Family Gathering
- Polytechnicast - Creative Heartbeat
- The Unblocking project
- Boulder and Fleet: Adventurers for Hire
- Saturday Supercast 28 - The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus
- The Emergent Task Planner
- The Benjamin Franklin Effect
- LIA 110 - So You Want to Start a Passion Project?
- LIA Cast 96 - Heartfelt Goals, with Dave Seah
- LIA Cast 18 - Time! Time!
Connect with Jerzy and Rob