Talking about making our stories scary on the LIA Cast!
It’s the time of year where nearly everyone celebrates things that make us uneasy or frightened. And we wouldn’t be Lean Into Art if we didn’t step back and ask the following questions:
- Why do we like to be frightened (in a safe way)?
- What is it that makes a thing frightening?
- How do we use these elements in our stories to make an audience feel chills?
We’re joined by filmmaker Kohl Glass, director of Dragonfyre and the upcoming feature The Stepsister, for a discussion on what makes a story scary.
Sponsors for this episode
Special thanks to our top 5 Patreon supporters:
- Kohl on Twitter
- Kohl's Vimeo Channel
- LIA Cast 125 - A Dungeon Crawl for Narrative
- Comics Are Great! 97 - What's so Great about Batman?
- Freakonomics Radio - How to Create Supspense
- Dark Escape 4D
- The Addams Family
- Crimson Peak
- The Uncle Who Works For Nintendo
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- The Ideal Channel
- Over the Garden Wall
- Galaxy of Super Adventure 01 - Searching for the Monster You Need
Connect with Jerzy and Rob