Talking about visual rhythms on the Lean Into Art Cast!
How do you choose how every element in your comic interacts to achieve maximum clarity? How do you use framing, staging, and angle to create moments that show the moments’ tone, rhythm, or mood? How does this thinking change when sound, color, page layout, panel shapes, and panel interiors begin to interact with one another?
In other words, how does thinking about composition change the way you create your comics?
Comics writer Dan Mishkin sits in for Rob to chat with Jerzy about how thinking about composition as a narrative tool can improve your comics storytelling.
- Dan Mishkin's website
- Dan Mishkin on Facebook
- Dan Mishkin's Wikipedia page
- The Deadman sketch Neal Adams gave 15-year-old Dan Mishkin
- Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld
- The Warren Commission Report
- Alex Toth's Zorro
- The Conversation
- The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
- American Born Chinese
- Richard Price)
- Steve Ditko
- Scott McCloud's Zot! webcomic
- Neal Adams
- Tony Cliff
- Jen Wang
Connect with Jerzy and Rob