Making stuff is challenging and expensive work. There are monetary, time, and emotional costs to pursuing creative endeavors. Knowing this, we can accept it as natural that we might feel some frustration when we see others in our field achieve status and success with an apparent ease. What do they got that you don’t got? How is it that they won and you lost? Why is it so easy for them and not for you? When is it your turn to be established?
Join us for a discussion on navigating a creative career and how mindset can affect the choices one makes on their journey.
Sponsors for this episode
- Ryan North's Twitter thread on watching the success of others
- Jim Zub's Twitter thread on envy
- Trello's blog post on rejection
- Jerzy's nErDcamp MI sketchnotes
- Dee Juusan's Twitter thread on self talk
- LIA 169 - 2006 vs 2016
- Kazu Kibuishi on preparing for opportunities
Connect with Jerzy and Rob