How important is it for independent creators to table or attend conventions? Jerzy and Rob explore a variety of angles to evaluating the benefits and costs of conventions (including art fairs, festivals, events, and trade shows).
Conventions are alluring social and business events yet can be expensive in both time and money cost. Especially so with conventions involve traveling long-distance. Yet we see examples of the excitment, networking, sales, and other benefits that can be part of successful conventioning.
We explore the pro and cons of conventioning and offer comparisons, alternatives, and combinations of attending, tabling, versus and considering your online presences.
Leaners won't be surpised - instead of a canned-plan, we take a choose-your-own-adventure approach!
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Tyler James - Absolute Con-Sense! Workshop
- Lean Into Art Workshops
- Metroid Other M
- How to get the bonus Extra Lean podcasts: sign up for the Lean Into Art Newsletter!
- The Winchcombe by Javen Ackerman
- Audra Ann Furuichi
- Nemu-Nemu Comic
- TCAF Toronto Comics Art Festival
- Baltimore Comic Con
- Ken Drab Comics
- Tyler James at Comix Tribe
- Emerald City Comic Con
- Kids Read Comics
- Eyeo Festival
- Art and Story Podcast - The Big Convention Field Guide
- Convergence Con
- Hiesenberg Uncertainty Principle
- A Brief History of the Universe by Stephen Hawking