The only people reading webcomics are other webcomics creators.
– Lots of people
Though we sometimes feel this way, we know it's not entirely true. But the concern persists that in creating extra content for our project like how-to videos, process posts, and other behind-the-scenes materials, we're only creating material of interest to other creators. And while being dubbed "The Artist's Artist" comes with some clout, it's not always the best way to make the money.
But we don't stop there with this week's discussion. Together we try to dig at the goals of extra content in general and use that to come up with alternate approaches to making the extra stuff for the "superfans."
Thanks to Ashley for the email that inspired this episode!
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- The Lean Into Art Season of Creative Challenges! Many of our workshops are only $10 for a limited time.
- Spotlight on Rob Stenzinger's Making Videogames From Comics workshop, only $10 for a terrific session on the fundamentals of game design.
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Rob's Guitar Fretter game for iOS and Android
- Homestar Runner
- Strongbad Zone
- Spark podcast discussion with Vivek Venkatesh on Heavy Metal Forums and Online Learning
- Stack Overflow
- Taz video game
- Requiem Metal Podcast
- Yngwie Malmsteen
- Sugar Rush commercial
- Ignite Ann Arbor
- The Moth podcast
- First Position (documentary)
- The Escape Artist podcast
Connect with Jerzy and Rob