Please RT! Check out and "Like" my FB page! How about a +1? Give my Kickstarter a mention, why don't ya?
The gatekeepers (publishers) have been removed from your path to getting your work seen, but does this then make the public itself the gatekeepers? If so, how do you reach out to them and share your work? If we agree that we all have to do our own marketing and publicity, how do we do it in an effective and pragmatic manner?
Are the social media experts right, and we simply need to cajole the more famous members of our fields to mention us? Remind our constuencies to re-tweet, like, and +1 our stuff? We all want applause for the work we do, but how does our thinking change when we rephrase the question to getting the applause we deserve?
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Back To Work episode 31
- The Oatmeal's comic on how to get more "likes" on Facebook
- Beyond Viral, by Kevin Nalty
- Fast Company's The Dirty Little Secret Of Overnight Successes
- Brandon Dayton's blog on The Two Devils
- Article on Shia LaBeouf's entry into comics
- The Lean Into Art Workshops page