This week we take on what we find to be a slippery topic. How do we know when we're being authentic in our work? How do we think about honesty in our expressions? Can one remain honest while still attempting to manipulate an audience?
We land on four items of consideration that inform our own senses of how authenticity works:
- Core Values/Mission
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Chris Rock on NPR's Fresh Air proclaims "You can only offend me if you mean something to me."
- The WTF podcast
- A Google search for a reprehensible WSJ article on Facebook and "bragging" (We're not going to directly link to it out of respect for you)
- The word "Curation" no Longer Belongs to the Museum Crowd
- 100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Affiliate Link)
- Our Thinking about Design series, Pt 1|Pt 2|Pt 3
- The Front: Petty Dreadful