Recorded in front of a studio audience during Kids Read Comics 2014 at the University of Michigan!
Why are some book covers, posters, comics, or even apps more instantly appealing than others? What’s happening in your mind when you find yourself emotionally responding to an image? Is it simply the "magic" of art, or can we unbox the language of visual storytelling to become better educators and creators?
This time Rob and Jerzy explore how we all read visually and how we can all write visually.
- Sunni Brown's The Doodle Revolution
- *The Sketchnote Handbook: the illustrated guide to visual note taking *
- Preston Blair's *Cartoon Animation *
- Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics
- The Lean Into Art Patreon campaign, where you can now find Extra Lean episodes!
Connect with Jerzy and Rob