Talking about finding new opportunities & improving your work by taking the "not my thing" challenge on the LIA Cast!
I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer! – Leonard "Bones" McCoy
Given all that goes into being a visual storyteller, it's easy (and understandable) to default to our own realms of comfort and expertise to talk ourselves out of trying new things. Especially things that are "not our thing."
But what if trying such things led to new job opportunities or enhanced your visual storytelling abilities?
We're thrilled to be joined once again by Ryan Estrada, who walks us through how hosting game shows, participating in open mics, and running parody Twitter accounts opened up new professional doors for him and added to his storytelling tool kit.
- Ryan's radio show, People and Places
- Broken Telephone
- Pablo Neruda's Book of Questions
- How to Fake Your Way Through a Poetry Slam
- LIA Cast 98: Marketing Art and Artist
- The Whole Story
- Ryan Estrada on Twitter
- The Lean Into Art Patreon campaign, where you can now find Extra Lean episodes!
Connect with Jerzy and Rob